Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's been a long time

sunflower table
We are in the midst of what I consider the most creative times of year for nature. The earth and the air are filled with plants and animals (including birds) all craving sun and water, growing and reproducing. So, what's happening creatively for me. Well, I have helped a friend create a nest lately and some artwork to "line" it with. And just the other day I started two paintings - not sure if they will reach completion, or get buried under gesso. They were frustration paintings - you know where you are waiting for something else to happen and instead of pacing, you paint. That's how I am feeling these days, waiting for something to happen and no amount of fretting and forcing is going to produce anything genuine. So, I look for distractions - luckily there are lots this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment